When requesting a Preferred United Plans proposal, please fill out our Proposal Request Form (33KB PDF) or provide us with the requested information. You can mail the request, fax it to (616) 454-4338 or e-mail it back to Preferred United Plans.
To be eligible for the Preferred United Plans, the company must be based in Michigan. Before requesting a proposal, please also note the following requirements for groups in the PUP plan:
- Preferred United Plans Requires the Employer to pay at least 25% of the employee and dependent cost.
- The Insurer requires an employer with less than 15 employees to enroll 100% of all eligible employees.
- For an employer with 15 or more employees, the insurer requires 100% of all eligible employees to enroll if employer pays 100% of premiums.
- If the employer requires employee contributions then 75% of all eligibe employees must enroll.
- Regardless of the number of employees, the insurer requires 100% of employees enrolling for medical insurance to enroll for life insurance.
- Retiree coverage is considered on a case by case basis.
- Preferred United Plans will co-exist with an HMO only.
- Preferred United Plans participation requirement applies.
- 75% participation is required of all full-time employees and dependents.